Friday, August 17, 2012

Cafe Nevermatters - Dee-licious!

That was some dinner! Friend Carol Albano invited me to dine with her at Cafe Nevermatters in Naramata last Friday. Since I have known Carol we have always called Naramata 'Nevermatters' so when her husband Angelo bought the cafe last summer (2011) it came as no surprise to hear that he changed the name to, you got it, Cafe Nevermatters.
Angelo knows how to cook (and so does Carol). Meals on my visits to this beautiful part of British Columbia, known as wine-country, are always special. But last Friday, mmmmm! I started off with a cool glass of local amber ale... as we sat on the porch admiring the flowers and enjoying the community. Then came the spinach salad... Oh my, every bite was so dee-licious. The fruitful dressing enriched the flavour of the fresh spinach, the goat cheese, and the unbelievable sweet-roasted walnuts. And the berries... (Are you drooling yet?) Ah! Every mouthful was a joy. The entree? Angelo's very own pesto sauce on pasta. Well, I mean, Angelo is Italian. Now that was a feast. Every morsal was scrumptious. If only I could cook like that. Or better still, have someone here who could cook for or with me... that would be even better. No, I can't bring Angelo home. So thanks a million, Carol, for such a fantastic meal
If you are visiting wine-country, stop in to Cafe Nevermatters... Angelo even has local wine on the menu! And great coffee!

PS Angelo and Carol have been exhibiting some of my 'Who Cares', 'Nevermatters', 'No worries' type of clocks - created with my chalk pastel drawings in the background and lettering with numbers either absent or fallen to the bottom. I hear another one has sold. Yeh! Grazie mille! May the purchaser have many hours of pleasure looking at their newly aquired time piece.

No comments: