Friday, February 6, 2015

Looking for a new home... a year of change

This is a year of change... as I retire from publicity work and begin to focus more on my own writing and projects.

In addition, I am looking for a new home - a rental - house - in the Boundary area that will have studio space, and a garden - or a place where I can create a garden - both flower and vegetable. I'm trying to move closer to Oliver BC and family, but would enjoy the Rock Creek or Midway areas - away from the highway but not too remote.

I'm even into a fixer-upper. I did originally take Interior Design in the 1970's and taught it as an adult education course for many years - until the HGTV channel came into existence and started all their wonderful design, DIY, renovating, decorating programs.

The latest show I am enjoying is the Furniture Challenge with Ellen Dejeneres. The show reminds me of my days at Ryerson when we designed furniture, made it, and had to go through 'crit', meaning 'critique'. After many years of being away from it, I've now got some awesome old furniture pieces that require refinishing, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them... sanding, staining, painting, upholstering.

So if anyone has a house needing a caregiving-tenant, long-term, let me know. My phone number is 250-447-9713.
Thanks... R

PS These are just a few of the pictures I took of my garden this past year - three years after getting it underway, with perennials, and also planting 20 trees. It's been a lot of work but so enjoyable, especially all the beautiful colours, and the visiting butterflies, hummingbirds and swallows. The neighbours have really enjoyed the view - like a fairy garden.
 

No comments: